Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Blood Will Keep Us Together

Whoa, has time flown. My last post was nearly a year ago and I think it is just sad. I blame Facebook mainly for this but that is another matter. A great deal has happened since last October. First, I am no longer in Logan. I now live in Salt Lake. Another change is that my career focus has switched at the present moment from dealing with plants to medical research. Hence the blog title switch. It has been quite a switch and I still am trying to learn all the new terminology that comes with working in the medical field. I am still dealing with genetics so not much has changed procedure wise but there are just so many medical acronyms. I feel like I am working with the government all over again. It has taken a great deal of getting use to. But Salt Lake has been good to Sarah and I. Sarah has enjoyed the change of working as an academic advisor. It offers the chance to still help students but not have to deal with the stress of teaching. She is much happier for it and so am I. We have really enjoyed being here and experiencing city life. It has been an interesting change. I think for the first few months I was in constant road rage just from the going-ons on the road. I still get the occasional frustration when I discover a median is standing between me and my destination or some jerk does something squirrely. But other than that it has been nice having more things to explore. In Logan, we would sadly drive around looking for stuff to do and end up a hour later back at home feeling dejected. We miss all of our friends up in Logan and sadly have not found replacements to some of our favorite places to eat but we are quite happy.  Well, I will close at this time. I just wanted to get myself going on the blog again so I will close with the promise that more is to come. And, yes, that can be taken as a threat and a promise.

No comments: