Sunday, November 23, 2008

I like that show. It's neat.


With all the chaos that comes along with getting everything ready for the upcoming wedding in December, I have been looking for an swift way to deal with the stress that comes along with everything that needs to get done. I have turned to television shows like most other Americans do. I've never been the kind of person that is very faithful when it comes to television shows. I just have a hard time confining or allocating time towards any particular show. Nothing seems all that important that I need to watch it. If I want to do something else that night I want to do it without worrying about what some character is going to do this week to solve some problem. My feelings have changed due to some shows like the Office and Pushing Daisies. I am also very grateful for the fact that Andrew and Elisha have Tivo to alleviate this dilemma that I face when it comes to doing something else or watch the telly. I have also turned to the internet to find snippets of favorite shows from yesteryears.

I have loved cartoons for so long. I am saddened by the fact that in recent years saturday mornings are filled with a plethora of Japanese anime with crappy story arcs that all seem to have the same storyline week after week and Disney sitcoms reruns that if you tune to the Disney Channel you can see the same episodes from your favorite shows every night of the week twelve times. It's fantastic. This is not what my blog is about so I leave this issue here for now. Dexter's Laboratory was one of my all time favorites and I never tired of it. I wished i could find my favorite episode which is the Muffin King episode but alas I could not.

British television is great. They just seem to go to far sometimes which I have a tendancy to do sometimes as well. This is one of my favorite shows called the Vicar of Dibley. Alcie is by far my favorite character in this show. He comedy is spot on all the time.







This is part one of the finale of Vicar of Dibley and thought it wedding appropriate.

I have mentioned the office which I was worried about last season becuase of the sporadic good episodes that were occuring but am pleased with the recent return to the strange things that happen in an everyday office instead of branching out. Pushing Daisies is good as well. I hope that it is able to draw in the crowds it needs in order to avoid cancellation. The way it treats death is very original and weird in a way. The characters are well established as well and I like the chemistry that is between them. I make it a point to turn it on this show on wednesday nights even if I am not going to be watching just so it doesn't get cancelled. It is a littel bit strange I know to turn on the tv and not watch it.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Yay! I loved Dexter's Lab. I also loved:

Ren & Stimpy
Rocko's Modern Life
Doug
Thundercats
Chip n' Dale's Rescue Rangers
Tiny Toons
Animaniacs
Captain Planet
Aah Real Monsters
Beetlejuice
X-Men
Bobby's World
TMNT
Cow and Chicken

And the list goes on, apparently. I must have watched a lot of TV as a kid...

Jeff said...

It's okay Shannon I watched a lot as a kid as well. I really liked the fox kid one's like Life with Louie and Eek the Cat. The Disney ones were great like Gargoyles and Talespin. I watched all the Nickelodeon cartoons. I however was not a big fan of Cow and Chicken. But Johnny Bravo and Space Ghost Coast to Coast was awesome. I have to admit that I still watch cartoons. One of my favorites now is the Kids Next Door. It's a pretty funny cartoon where the kids are secret agents fighting against the bad guys which are the adults as well as some times with teenager operatives. I guess I will never grow up in that respect.

sarah jane said...

I loved Life with Louie, best cartoon ever. Also, I just thought of Camp Candy with the late John Candy--I loved that show too. New cartoons are totally inferior to these classics. Oh, what about Gummie Bears? Bouncy here and there and everywhere.

I was raised by TV......almost.

sarah jane said...

bouncing, not bouncy.