Friday, November 7, 2008

My Blooming Bride




I have some very exciting news to report. I finally worked up the nerve to ask my girlfriend Sarah to marry me. The wedding date will be on December 12th and will be here in Logan. I am really excited and nervous and a lot of other emotions right now. It's just really surreal to think that I am actually going to be married in a little more than a month. I trully love Sarah and am extremely grateful for her patience with me. And also the fact that she still want's to marry me despite my short comings. She is truly a special woman. Well, you might ask how we first met? She moved in as I was becoming a freshman in high school into the same ward or church congregation. She became friends with my friends and hence became my friend. I had feelings for at the time but never really let on. Then at the end of my sophmore year in high school my family decided to move to central Utah to a little town called Spring City. I still came up to visit my friends in Logan occasionally so I never really lost touch with Sarah. When I went on my mission to Atlanta, Georgia for two years she wrote to me a few times but I think I only wrote her like once or sent amessage through our friend Elisha. I'm sorry Sarah for this. I am a horrible when it comes to sitting down and writting letters. I went to Snow College for two years after my mission again keeping in touch with my friends up here in Logan. Then when I graduated from Snow I decided to move on to Utah State University and finish my degree here. I started hanging out with sarah quite a bit and then in that December of me moving up to Logan I decided to make the first move to ask her out. She had her GRE exams so I got up early and made her a quiche breakfast and took it over for her. It was recieved very well but at that time Sarah hadn't made up her mind about me yet so she wasn't ready. It took until that next July for her to get back with me and we started the next two years of our dating period. It seems like a lot when in comes to the traditional mormon dating scene. But we had our kinks to get out. I 's don't know why she still with me but I am eternally grateful for this fact. We had been talking about marriage since last June but I was still waiting for my answer to whether it was right. Again Sarah thanks for your patience. She was getting very inpatient and made it very ifficult for me to suprise her. I finally came up with the idea that I would have to go down later on at night in order to suprise her. She left me no other option. We talked earlier on that day and she asked me questions that would get me to reveal when I was going to do it so I led her to believe that it was going to happen on the weekend. This was on Thursday, October 23rd. I got everything together and made the trek down to Springville to ask her the question. I got there and was so nervous. I had carved in pumpkins that asked will you marry me in them and placed them along the walkway up to her parents house. I had to get her to come out so I made up two stories. The first was that a new satelite had been lauched that day and you were suppose to be able to see it. This one didn't get her to come out so I made up another one in which the moon was a deep orange and she should go out and see it. I will not forget the look on her face when she opened that door to her parents house. She ran out and hugged me as I was kneeling and said yes. I gave her my adoptive grandma Ann's wedding ring which meant a lot to me to give it to her. I had gone ring shopping with her to get and idea of what she wanted and i don't recommend that anyone do this if you already have a ring. It made the process so much harder on me.

2 comments:

sarah jane said...

You are so sweet! I love you.

Shannon said...

Congrats you two lovebirds! And welcome to the blog world!